Thursday, September 10, 2009

Like a Fish

Today we started our first try at swim lessons and I have to say they were quite successful! I have always enjoyed swimming from the time I can remember. I have spent many summers at the pool and continue to do so even as an adult. This summer, I attempted to put Hannah in the pool a few times, but she screamed and cried every time we even tried. So, as I was looking at the YMCA schedule for the fall, I found a class and evening for us to try swimming lessons. I was really nervous because our previous attempts failed. However, I was very pleasantly surprised that Hannah LOVED IT!!! From the first moment we stepped into the pool until we got out she had a blast! We sang songs, splashed with our hands, reached out for toys and even kicked like a little froggy. I was amazed that babies naturally just know to start moving/kicking their legs in the water. Hannah absolutely loved swimming and I can't wait to see how much she improves over the next 8 weeks. I think we have a future fish on our hands! This will definitely not be our last set of swimming lessons!Hannah and Emma (my friend Emily's litle girl) before their first swimming lesson!Mommy and Hannah at the end of the lesson - we can't wait for next week!

(Fast forward: The second week was even better than the first! Hannah loves to kick in the water! At the end of the lesson, she also took her first "dunk" under water -- it didn't seem to phase her a bit. When we were rinsing off in the shower, Hannah even got to get sprayed by the shower and laughed the whole time! I think it's safe to say she likes it!!)

No comments: