Saturday, September 26, 2009

Crawling and Clapping and Talking Oh My!!

This has been an eventful week for Hannah. Although she still doesn't have any teeth, she has been very busy learning many new things. First, in the middle of the week I came home from school and saw the video camera was out. While Hannah was playing, I started watching some new videos that Tim taped. Much to my amazement, Hannah was crawling and scooting all over the place! I looked up just in time to see her showing off to me as well. For months now she has been quite content to just sit in one place -- not any more! She is moving all over the place! Here are some pictures of her working hard to crawl. I really want this red ring....
I've almost got it....just a little closer.... Yes! I finally got the red ring and it tastes so good!

The next day, I came home from school and was playing with Hannah and out of the blue she looks up at me and started clapping. It is so cute! She get's the biggest toothless grin on her face and starts clapping away, like she's been doing it her whole life. Whenever we say "Yay Hannah!" she claps and smiles and laughs. I love watching her happy personality shine through. Here is our little clapper -- To finish off her week of new accomplishments, Hannah started saying real sounds this week. She has been babbling for a while now making all kind of squealing noises and screeching and blowing raspberries, but now she is babbling in real sounds. She mainly say's "baba" and has had a few "mama" moments and is pretty darn close to "dada." We love to just sit and listen to her talk to us. This has been such a fun week and I can't wait to see what things Hannah learns next!

1 comment:

caseyMN said...

Make sure she's working on Nana, too. Thank you for the delightful stories and great pictures! Her hair is getting long - and it definitely has a strawberry tint. She's so beautiful and I can't wait to see her again! I absolutely love the picture of her on your bed with the lil shorty shirt on. I put it on my computer as my background and it's so great to see her smiling so big at me everytime I turn it on. What a blessing she is!