Saturday, September 5, 2009

Are you ready for some football?!?

The Casey's are! We started our Labor Day weekend off by taking Hannah to her first OTHS football game! It was the first home game of the season, the weather was great, so what better way to spend a Friday night than at a high school football game? We only stayed until half time, but it was fun to at least be there for some of it. One of the reasons I love Tim's job at OTHS is because Hannah will get to experience some of the same things I did when I was a little girl. I spent most every weekend of my childhood at some sort of OTHS event including football games, basketball games, baseball games, and other school-sponsered events. I have many fond memories of this and I hope Hannah will too! Before the game started, we found Daddy and took a quick family picture before the action started. (By the way, the Panthers won! Hopefully, this will be a fun year of OTHS Football!)The week continued with football...today is one of Tim's favorite days - it's the first day of the college football season! While I never had a strong allegiance to any college team (I do root for the Illini whenever they are playing), Tim is a Wisconsin Badger fan inside and out. When he left to go up to the high school this morning, he had his Wisconsin jacket ready to wear for the rest of the day. I told him I would meet him after the freshman soccer game and I said I had a surprise for him. When we got there, he was greeted with this...Hannah was all decked out in her Badger gear today! Although we didn't get to watch the game tonight (we don't get the Big 10 network), Bucky and his Badgers were in our hearts! Go Wisconsin!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yeah Wisconsin!!! :)