Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Festivities

Christmas always seems to go on for a few days at the Casey house, but that is okay!  It does give us time as a family as well as individual time with each of our parents and extended family.  We started by going to church on Christmas Eve with my mom and dad and Grandma and Grandpa.  It was a nice service and it really helped to set the mood for the next few days.  We had to get at least one family picture. 
Afterward, he went to my mom and dad's for dinner and hung out for a bit.  I feel like I don't get a ton of pictures with the kids, and this one of my baby girl and I turned out so cute!  I love her!
 This one of Tim and Cam was pretty cute too!
We went home and went to bed pretty quickly.  We were all tired and very excited to see if Santa would be coming in the morning. 

We started our Christmas morning off with reading about Jesus' birth on our bed.  One of my friends always did this and we started it Hannah's first Christmas.  I love Christmas and Santa and magic and excitement, but most of all, I love that is to celebrate Jesus' birth.  I want my kids to remember that as they grow up and celebrate Christmas.
 After we were done, it was time to see if Santa came....and he did!

The kids got a joint train table, Hannah got a Daisy, Cam got a truck, and they both had stockings!  I think they loved all of it!

They also received three presents from us and it didn't take them long to move onto those!
This year, Hannah got a new bible, a matching game, and a Loving Family dollhouse.  They were all big hits and she plays with them often!
Cameron got a name puzzle step stool (for his big boy bed), an activity cube, and a bear pillow pet.  He's so easy still!
The fun continued that evening when my parents and grandparents came over for Christmas dinner and more presents!  It was craziness, but so much fun to be together!



The next day, Papa, Nana, Aunt Nikki and Jordan came down for a few days.  We did our last Christmas with them and had more fun again!

I love watching our kids and Jordan tear into the presents.  It was a great few days and we are blessed to be able to celebrate it with both sides of our family.

No comments: