Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, it's time to start thinking about Christmas.  I actually started decorating slowly the week before Thanksgiving because we are in Wisconsin for the whole break.  I want to come home and it all be done!  The kids had a great time helping us decorate this year, especially putting ornaments on the tree (and so far only two have broken).  They have a couple pairs of matching Christmas jammies including these dog ones.  They were very excited to wear them which I think helped with them posing for this cute picture. 
I do have to share a cute Hannah story.  The first thing that went up was our Nativity.  I put it together one evening after Hannah went to bed.  The next morning, she was so excited to see it displayed.  She saw it and said, "Mom!  There is baby God!  And his mommy and daddy!"  I asked her what their names were and she replied, "Mommy and Daddy!"  Why I guess you are right, Hannah. 

It did make me think about the wonderful gift God gave us by sending Jesus.  And not as a king or government figure or powerful leader, but as a baby.  A baby who did have a Mommy and Daddy.  Who was Cameron's age once and probably loved getting into everything possible.  And Hannah's age once and full of questions and wonderings like any almost four year old.  Thank you, God, for providing us this amazing gift as we stop and celebrate Jesus' birth throughout the next month.

No comments: