Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Round'em Up

Sometime this fall, Toy Story 2 was on TV for the first time.  Hannah watched it (and watched it, and watched it, and watched it) and decdided right away she wanted to be Jessie for Halloween.  I thought that would be fun and then Cameron could be Woody.  I thought this could be a fairly inexpensive costume and maybe even my first try at sewing.  I recruited my mom, the former home-ec teacher, to come over and give me a lesson.  We realized that all we needed to make was Jessie's chaps and Woody's vest and they were both cowprint.  So, one afternoon, mom came over and away we went.  It was actually very successful!  Here is our little cowboy and girl this morning. 
Ever since Hannah's first Halloween, someone has been able to bring her, and then last year her and Cameron, to my school for our costume parade and my classroom party.  Miss Hannah had preschool this morning and her own school party (so big!), but my mom and dad still brought Cameron up to school.  It was pretty chilly so he had to wear his fleece and no one really knew what he was dressed as but oh well! 
 That night, my parents brought over a pizza and we got ready for Trick-or-Treating.  While we waited for Tim to get home, a few kids came by and Hannah loved passing out the candy to them!  Shortly after that, we took off for part of our block.  Hannah really got into this year and it was a lot of fun to watch.  Cameron also got the hang of it pretty quickly.  He would hold his bag out and get candy and then when I prompted him to say "thank you" he responded with "more!"  Oh brother!  People thought it was so cute -- it's a good thing because I, on the other hand, was quite embarassed!  Here are Jessie and Woody before the night was over!