Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Treats

On our first official day of break, our dear friends, the Kosters, came over for dinner. The fall has been super busy and we have not seen them in so long! We were so thankful to spend the evening with them catching up before everyone started their Christmas celebrations. When I was grocery shopping, I found this Rice Krispy Treat house kit to make and decorate and thought it would be a fun activity for Hannah and Talon to do. Talon didn't get into as much as Hannah, but I think they both had a good time decorating their houses (and eating them!) :-)
On our second day of break, Hannah and I worked on cookies for some of the helpful people in our life. We made peanut butter cookies, peanut butter and Hershey kiss cookies, and chocolate chip cookies. I also had some extra chocolate covered pretzels from when my students made them earlier in the week. We then made a little bag of goodies for our garbage man, the mail man and Hannah's gymnastic teachers. Hannah was so excited to work ond them and we watched all day for the garbage man so we could deliver them. It was such a fun experience and so nice to see the giving spirit begin in our precious daughter. I hope this is a tradition we can continue in the coming years!
Oh, and here is Cam hanging out in the kitchen while we work. I think he will be right in the action next year!

No comments: