Thursday, June 24, 2010

In God's Hands

This isn't going to be an exciting post, but since I use this blog as a journal of our family I want to make sure this is a part of it. We have had quite the experience over the last two days. Just about two weeks ago Tim & I found out we were pregnant based on a home pregnancy test. We really hadn't told a lot of people yet because it was very early. On Tuesday, I headed north to Kristina's house to have some college girl time with a few of my girlfriends. Yesterday morning I woke up with some pretty severe stomach pains/cramping. My gut told me that something wasn't right. I finally decided (with the advice of my friends) to have things checked out at the ER. From the beginning, the pain was more on one side than the other and I was worried that maybe it was an ectopic pregnancy. After some tests and ultrasound this was confirmed. At that point I knew that things could possibly get bad very quickly depending on what was going on. However, the good news was it had not burst and was very small. I was able to discuss my options with my OB in St. Louis and decided to come home right away and get treatment from Barnes and my regular OB. I am very grateful because it was very early and very small still. I was able to avoid surgery and get treated with a drug instead. My doctor was very confident that this was going to be the best option especially to be able to try having more children later.

One thing I want to say is how thankful I am for my awesome friends and family. One of my college friends not only stayed with me in the ER (while the other one was taking care of Hannah) but then drove me to St. Louis (without a car to go back home) so that I wouldn't be alone then proceeded to take Hannah home and take care of her while Tim, my mom and myself were at the hospital. I also had so many people offer to do whatever was needed and most importantly be praying for my family as we were figuring this out. Thank God for amazing friends and family that He has provided to me.

The biggest thing I want to remember through this experience is how much I have felt the peace of God. I know that God has been with us through this entire process. I know because God works for the good of those who believe that He has a greater plan than we do. For whatever reason, this was not our time to have another baby and I know it will happen in the right time. I praise God for small blessings even though this isn't the way we wanted things to happen. Because I was cramping so early we caught it very soon which helped in so many ways. I know that was God helping me see that something was wrong. God has walked us through this just as He has done before and always will. I know He has a great plan for our family and we can't wait to see what that is! I know that we are in God's hands.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

I love you!

Jenn said...

Thinking about you. Praying for you.

sewindham said...

Bless you Liz!! Thank you for sharing your heart. God has big plans for those who let Him lead! Love you all!