Friday, June 18, 2010

Camp!

This week we were able to volunteer as faculty for high school camp at Little Galilee Christian Assembly in Clinton, IL. From the time I can remember my uncle has been the dean at High School Main 1 week. I have great memories of being a "faculty kid" for a couple of years when I was young and my mom and dad were faculty at this week. Little Galilee has extra special meaning to me because during one of those weeks of camp I decided to give my life to Christ and was baptized in the old pool. Now my uncle is the camp manager and him and my aunt live at camp but he also still deans this week of camp. Last year, Hannah & I worked the week of camp but I was in and out a lot becuase Hannah was still nursing. This year we were able to all go work a week as a family and it was so much fun! We still stayed with my aunt & uncle at their house since Hannah is still pretty little but we were able to do a lot more. It was a fabulous week to get away from every day life and enjoy God's creation as well as be filled through worship and teaching. One of the sessions each day was going through the program "Walk Through the Bible" and it focused on the Old Testament. It was really awesome and I feel like I really learned a lot about the Old Testament. It was a really cool program. Overall, it was a great week of camp and I'm so glad we got to spend time as a family and introduce Hannah to Christian camping. I hope we are able to continue helping out.
Here is a picture of our camp "family."

No comments: