Sunday, April 7, 2013

GO! St. Louis

I am a runner.  I feel like it's taken me a long time to have enough confidence in myself to actually say that, but it is true.  I may not be a fast runner, but a runner nonetheless.  I have learned to really enjoy running and look forward to doing my runs, especially when the weather cooperates and I run outside.  I have several friends that I enjoy running with and some of those lovely ladies and I all go to church together.  This past fall, we ran the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in St. Louis.  We decided we wanted to do something again to keep us running, but no one was up for the training of a half.  So, we decided to run the GO! St. Louis Marathon Relay.  That way we still had to train some for our part (somewhere between 6 and 7.5 miles) but wasn't as time consuming as a half.  We had beautiful weather and met our goal...not coming in last!  I love these girls and am glad I have friends that help me live a healthy lifestyle.

Lynelle and I before the race.  We were legs 1 (me) and 2 (Lynelle) and both had to be downtown super early.

Tim came along as our number one fan and "mule."  It was awesome having him with me right before I started and being able to hang out with him throughout the morning going from station to station.
 Legs 1 & 2 with leg 4 (Jodie) waiting for leg 3 (Mary) to finish.  
One fun part of this race was that everyone got back together with a few blocks to go and crossed the finish line together.
We did it!  Not fast, but not last! And extra kuddos to Mary who is 20 weeks pregnant and just ran 7 miles!

No comments: