Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ta-Da!

One of Hannah's Christmas presents from "Nonnie" (my mom) was gymnastics class. I was really excited for this because it was not just more "stuff" to open, it would give Hannah a chance to burn off some energy this winter and it was something that I did almost my whole life. Plus, Hannah started doing somersaults a month or so ago and does them all the time at home -- even on the hard-wood floor! We looked at a few different places and decided on World Class Gymnastics which is one of the bigger gyms in the area. It is an eight-week Parent & Tot class that meets once a week for 45 minutes a class. Here she is before the first week:Let me just say, she LOVED it!!! We started with stretches and forward rolls down the wedge one at a time. Then the teachers put about 8-10 stations out for the kids to explore while they floated and helped at certain ones. It was so fun to watch her learn how to do the different stations. She also showed off her "Miss Independent" attitude by pushing the teachers away once she knew how to do something. After stations, we got back together to sing a song. Then each child went back to the wedge to do a backwards roll. At the very end of class, all the kids got a stamp for each hand. I think that was one of Hannah's favorite parts! Here are some pictures from class number 2! Some of them are a little blurry because they were "action" shots.
This is one of Hannah's favorite stations. There is a shark on the bar. Hannah holds onto the bar and kicks her feet up to push the shark off. Climbing up the ladder.
Getting to the top of the mini climbing wall before doing a forward roll down the wedge.

So, gymnastics is a hit! I don't think this will be the only session that Hannah will participate in. You can just see how much fun she has as she goes from station to station. I can't wait to see how much more she will develop over the next several weeks. And I have to admit that it does my little cheerleading heart good!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

This is so fun!! I'm glad you guys get this opportunity (and good for Tim for going too!)