Monday, January 17, 2011

Bargains?!? Yes, Please!!

So, I have to give one of my dearest friends Kristina all the credit on this blog. First of all, I totally copied her idea of posting my latest shopping trip on here. And second, I totally copied her idea to shop a year in advance! When I was first pregnant, Kristina told me how she likes to look a year in advance to buy clothes on the sale racks. It didn't take me long to jump on this bandwagon. There have been a few times that I didn't guess quite right on the size and the item didn't get worn. But really that has been few and far between. I love looking at the end of the season at super cute and super cheap clothes for next year. I tuck them away in Hannah's closet and get them out when it's time. I also then love getting them out the next year and being excited at all the cute stuff Hannah gets to wear! Usually, between buying in advance and getting hand-me-downs, we are set for the season. Here is today's loot:
We totally hit the jackpot! We started our shopping day at Kohl's. It definitely was the best stop of the day. I got about 20 diferent pieces of clothes for about $70! Amazing! Here we got lots of leggings, pants and tops for everyday wear. Next was Old Navy where everything on clearance was another 40% off. Our biggest scores here was a winter coat for $15 and a lightweight jacket for $10. We finished our day at the mall where we picked up some tops at Macy's, winter hat and gloves (to go with the new coat) at Children's place and next year's Christmas dress at JCPenny. Overall thought of the day=success! (A very special thanks to my wonderful mom who joined me on this fun day today!)

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I love the coat (haven't got coats for the kids yet... but was thinking I still might try!) and love the Christmas dress--I noticed it first right away!! I almost bought those striped tights for Macey, but didn't--I guess she can wear them in another two years:) Glad you had fun and got some good deals!

Tif said...

Gotta love Kohl's!! I don't know if you have their credit card but if you don't you should totally get it since they send out so many coupons throughout the year so you can save even more!!