Friday, May 21, 2010

The End is Near

Well, May is winding down and that means so is the school year! It has been a pretty crazy last couple of weeks and I am so glad it's almost over. Not only is it the end of my school year, but also my mom's -- and her last one ever! My mom is retiring after 33 years of teaching -- and over half of those teaching special education students. She has inspired so many people during her career, especially myself. I have lots of fond memories of going to school with her and eating at her on-campus restaurant. Tonight, we celebrated this wonderful accomplishment at a dinner and program that my mom's union puts on for the retirees. It was an awesome night filled with family, friends, co-workers, fun, memories, laughter and reflection. Congratulations Mom -- You are the BEST! My Aunt Jan, Grandma, Mom, Hannah and Me -- all former or current educators! Myself, Mom, Tim & Hannah
My mom and her partner in crime -- her aide Laquita who served the district for over 40 years!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Hannah's dress looks very cute. I'm glad you got to share this with your mom--very special!