Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was absolutely fabulous! Last year, this was a really tough day on me and I even skipped church that day to just reflect and spend time with Tim. It was a really hard time in our life. What was really awesome, however, was that we were already pregnant and found out just about a week later. It was the end of one chapter in our life and the beginning of something wonderful! This year was a perfect day! We went to church in the morning and then out to lunch with some friends afterward. Then Tim, Hannah and I came home and I was able to take a nap! It was fabulous! Then in the evening we ate dinner with my mom and dad. It was a great day for family! When God chose me to be a mother, he blessed me with the most beautiful baby girl in the world. The love I have for her is a special bond between the two of us. Thank you, God, for this awesome gift! Hannah got me a Willow Tree angel and Daddy got me a book about Mommy confessions! Three generations - a mother's legacy of love passed down.

1 comment:

The Gall Family said...

You make my heart smile!!!! I know how blessed Hannah is to have you for her mommy - and your momma for her grandmomma!!!!! Enjoy every precious moment....Happy Belated Mother's Day!