Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summer is Winding Down

Well, it's offical...summer is almost over. Next Wednesday, Tim will be starting up with fall sports as OTHS starts then. I go back to work the following Monday. Even though seeing summer come to a close is sometimes sad, it's also a very exciting time as a teacher. I love getting my room ready and organized and my curriculum planned. I also work with some wonderful people and it's always exciting to see them again. I also LOVE meeting my new students. It's exciting to think about what the school year will be like.

Tim and I had a wonderful summer. In May, we were able to travel to Wisconsin twice and visit with family and friends. In early June, we took a long weekend to Nashville and had a blast visiting the city and going to an awesome concert! Just a few weekends ago, we were able to take a weekend away to St. Louis for a PAO/FCA Coaches Time Out conference. Throughout all the trips, it was a wonderful time to get away and be with each other. Overall, it was an awesome summer!

2 comments:

The Gall Family said...

We are soooo excited for you! Sounds like you had a great summer! The weekend away sounds neat. Hope all is well with you :-)

The Osborne's said...

Hope that you all have a great school year! How's your little baby bump?! :)